Sunday, August 2, 2009

Houghton Lake, MI


One of my favorite times of day to go swimming is just as the sun is setting. The water is usually warm. I could float in a tube for hours and never tire of it. I remember when I was a child I would feel like I was going up and down, even after I was in bed trying to fall asleep. I floated with my Grandmother for hours and hours and hours. We just watched the people on the shore, and out on the lake in boats. Just watched....and sometimes laughed. I miss the water and I miss my Grandma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't "tire" of the tube, huh!? :oD

I think this is Little Wolf Lake unless it's not Aunt Pat's cottage. The far shore is too close, don't you think?

I can't wait to tube with grandma in heaven!

Sally said...

Yes, this is Aunt Pat's cottage, not Little Wolf. I didn't want to confuse the readers. :o)
And no, I never tired of the tire. I want the tire and the lake right now, as we speak.